- How Can I Be a More Effective Leader?
- What Does It Mean to Be a Disciple of Jesus Christ?
- How Can I Manage Time More Effectively?
- How Can I Be Healed?
- What Are the Gifts of the Spirit?
- How Can I Recognize the Temptations of the Devil?
- What Is the Spirit of Prophecy?
- What Can We Learn from the Crossing of the Red Sea?
- Who Are the Lost Tribes of Israel?
- Who Is the House of Israel?
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- Mourn with Those That Mourn - Mosiah 18:8-10
- He Turned Him About - Helaman 5:36-37
- These Smoking Firebrands - 2 Nephi 17:1-7
- Things Which are Not Seen, Which Are True - Alma 32:21
- Lessons from the Savior's Visit to the American Continent
- That Ye Would...Not Procrastinate the Day of Your Repentance - Alma 13:27-29
Tag Archives: 1 Nephi 14
The word Israel appears 213 times in the Book of Mormon, almost always preceded by the word “of.” Here are the phrases in which it most commonly appears: Phrase # Appearances house of Israel 122 Holy One of Israel 40 … Continue reading
When Lehi taught his family about the scattering of Israel, he reassured them that the Lord would gather them again: And after the house of Israel should be scattered they should be gathered together again; or, in fine, after the … Continue reading
We don’t use the word “hearken” in modern English. But it’s an important word in the scriptures: It appears 229 times in the Old Testament, 9 times in the New Testament, and 100 times in the Book of Mormon. Deepening … Continue reading
A covenant is a formal agreement between two parties (Oxford English Dictionary). The word comes from two Latin roots: com (“together”) and venire (“to come”). So the word literally means to “come together” (See Online Etymology Dictionary.) God loves all of … Continue reading
The prophet Micah, who was a contemporary of Isaiah, wrote about a time when the children of Israel would not be oppressed any more. In a future day, he prophesied, God’s people would be far more powerful than their enemies. … Continue reading
The angel who taught King Benjamin emphasized that all people, in their natural state, are in opposition to God. He said that we will always be in this state unless we “[yield] to the enticings of the Holy Spirit,” and … Continue reading
Soon after leaving Jerusalem, 600 years before the birth of Jesus, the prophet Lehi prophesied that the Messiah would come to earth and would be baptized in Bethabara, on the other side of the river Jordan. He told his family … Continue reading