- What Is Authority?
- What Is the First Resurrection?
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach About the Millennium?
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach About the Second Coming of Jesus Christ?
- What Is Joy?
- What Are Some Things That I Can’t Delegate?
- Will We Be Judged by the Apostles?
- How Can I Avoid Distractions?
- What Should I Do After I Hear the Words of Prophets?
- What Should I Do When Prophetic Teachings Are Difficult to Understand or Accept?
- Nephi’s Psalm - 2 Nephi 4:15-35
- After the Trial of Your Faith - Ether 12:6
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- Helaman 5:12 Upon the Rock of Our Redeemer
- How Could You Have Forgotten? - Helaman 7:20-22
- The Natural Man - Mosiah 3:19
- That Ye Would...Not Procrastinate the Day of Your Repentance - Alma 13:27-29
- Wickedness Never Was Happiness - Alma 41:10
Tag Archives: 1 Nephi 12
During His mortal ministry, Jesus told His twelve apostles that they would one day “sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel” (Matthew 19:28). An angel explained to the prophet Nephi that the apostles would judge the tribes … Continue reading
A disciple is someone who follows another person for the purpose of learning. (See “disciple,” Online Etymological Dictionary.) During the mortal ministry of Jesus Christ, the term was often applied to His twelve apostles, but many other people were also … Continue reading
The Book of Mormon teaches that there is a being in the universe who is trying to harm us and to thwart God’s plan. His name is Satan (שָׂטָן – the Hebrew word for “adversary”), and he is commonly known … Continue reading
Shortly after Nephi’s family left their comfortable home in Jerusalem and began camping in the wilderness, Nephi prayed to understand “the mysteries of God.” In response, he tells us that God visited him “and did soften my heart that I … Continue reading
4 And it came to pass that I saw a mist of darkness on the face of the land of promise; and I saw lightnings, and I heard thunderings, and earthquakes, and all manner of tumultuous noises; and I saw … Continue reading
18 And the large and spacious building, which thy father saw, is vain imaginations and the pride of the children of men. And a great and a terrible gulf divideth them; yea, even the word of the justice of the … Continue reading