- Who Were the Three Witnesses of the Book of Mormon?
- Why Do We “Bear” Witness?
- What’s Wrong with Seeking Signs?
- Why Is It Important to Record the Fulfillment of Prophecies?
- In What Order Did Joseph Smith Translate the Book of Mormon?
- What Does It Mean to Believe, Hope, and Endure All Things?
- What Does It Mean to Be “Temperate in All Things?”
- How Can I Be Bold Without Being Overbearing?
- How Should I Respond to an Emotional Outburst?
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach About Being an Effective Parent?
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- If Your Minds Are Firm - Jacob 3:1-2
- Cross Yourself in All These Things - Alma 39:9
- King Benjamin's Speech - Mosiah 2-5
- Helaman 5:12 Upon the Rock of Our Redeemer
- Stronger and Stronger in Their Humility - Helaman 3:35-36
- That They Might Have Joy - 2 Nephi 2:25
- Feast Upon the Words of Christ - 2 Nephi 32:3
Tag Archives: 1 Nephi 10
After the first prophet in the Book of Mormon, Lehi, described a dream or a vision which he had experienced, one of his sons—Nephi—wanted to have the same experience. He tells us that he wanted “to see, and hear, and … Continue reading
The word “Savior” only appears twelve times in the Book of Mormon. This is surprising to me, since “Christ” appears 396 times, “Jesus” appears 188 times, and “Redeemer” appears 41 times. (I used the “simple searches” function on the University of … Continue reading
Soon after leaving Jerusalem, 600 years before the birth of Jesus, the prophet Lehi prophesied that the Messiah would come to earth and would be baptized in Bethabara, on the other side of the river Jordan. He told his family … Continue reading
Last October, President Russell M. Nelson invited the women in the Church to read the Book of Mormon before the end of the year. He said, “I would encourage you to mark each verse that speaks of or refers to … Continue reading
In the Bible, the first mention of baptism is in reference to the baptism of Jesus Christ. All four of the Gospel writers tell the story (Matthew 3, Mark 1:1-11, Luke 3:1-22, John 1:19-34). In all four cases, they use … Continue reading
Over the last two days, I’ve looked at invitations to come unto Christ in the Book of Mormon. Two days ago, we reviewed Amaleki’s and Moroni’s final admonitions to “come unto Christ.” Yesterday, we looked at passages where the Savior … Continue reading