- Why Is Light an Appropriate Symbol for the Birth of Christ?
- How Can I Manage Stress More Effectively?
- Would God Lead Us Into Temptation?
- What Are the Roles of Persuasion and Punishment in Motivating Good Behavior?
- Why Would God “Inflict” Things on Us?
- What Do We Know About God’s Love for Us?
- What Does It Mean to “Render” Thanks?
- How Should I Express Gratitude?
- When Should I Express Gratitude?
- What Should I Be Thankful For?
- What Is Joy?
- Mourn with Those That Mourn - Mosiah 18:8-10
- That They Might Have Joy - 2 Nephi 2:25
- What Does It Mean to Be a Disciple of Jesus Christ?
- A Broken Heart and a Contrite Spirit - 3 Nephi 9:19-20
- The Natural Man - Mosiah 3:19
- A Broken Heart and a Contrite Spirit - 3 Nephi 9:20
- I Will Give Away All My Sins - Alma 22:18
- I Am the Light Which Ye Shall Hold Up - 3 Nephi 18:24-25
- 3 Nephi 11:29-30 He That Hath the Spirit of Contention Is Not of Me
Category Archives: Temptations
During the Lord’s Prayer, which the Savior gave as an example of how we should pray, He makes the following request: And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil (Matthew 6:13, Luke 11:4, 3 Nephi 13:12). The … Continue reading
Four times in the Book of Mormon, we are taught a fundamental principle: God doesn’t dwell in unholy temples. If we make choices which make us unholy, we cannot have His Spirit with us. Today, I examined these four passages … Continue reading
The Book of Mormon teaches that there is a being in the universe who is trying to harm us and to thwart God’s plan. His name is Satan (שָׂטָן – the Hebrew word for “adversary”), and he is commonly known … Continue reading
Just after participating in the Last Supper, the Savior walked with His disciples to the Garden of Gethsemane, at the foot of the Mount of Olives. Telling His disciples, “Pray that ye enter not into temptation,” He walked a little … Continue reading
31 O Lord, wilt thou redeem my soul? Wilt thou deliver me out of the hands of mine enemies? Wilt thou make me that I may shake at the appearance of sin? (2 Nephi 4:31) Temptation is part of our … Continue reading
24 And now it came to pass that the people were more angry with Amulek, and they cried out, saying: This man doth revile against our laws which are just, and our wise lawyers whom we have selected. 25 But … Continue reading