- What Are “Plain and Precious” Things?
- What Is Truth?
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach About Corruption?
- Why Do Quotes from the King James Version Appear in the Book of Mormon, Even Ones that Joseph Smith Later Altered in his Translation of the Bible ?
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach About the Creation of the Earth?
- Why Is Light an Appropriate Symbol for the Birth of Christ?
- How Can I Manage Stress More Effectively?
- Would God Lead Us Into Temptation?
- What Are the Roles of Persuasion and Punishment in Motivating Good Behavior?
- Why Would God “Inflict” Things on Us?
- I Am the Light Which Ye Shall Hold Up - 3 Nephi 18:24-25
- What Is Truth?
- 3 Nephi 11:29-30 He That Hath the Spirit of Contention Is Not of Me
- Moroni 10:32-33 Come Unto Christ, and Be Perfected in Him
- That Which Cannot Satisfy - 2 Nephi 9:51
- Mourn with Those That Mourn - Mosiah 18:8-10
- King Benjamin's Speech - Mosiah 2-5
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- 3 Nephi 9:13 Will Ye Not Now Return Unto Me?
Category Archives: Service
After King Benjamin’s people received a forgiveness of their sins, he taught them what they should do to retain that forgiveness: I would that ye should impart of your substance to the poor, every man according to that which he … Continue reading
When a rift developed among the apostles over the question of who would be greatest in the kingdom of heaven, Jesus called them together to teach them about leadership: Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over … Continue reading
King Benjamin was a remarkable leader. He was able to remain humble in spite of the political power he possessed, and to avoid abusing that power. At the end of his life, as he reported back to his people, he … Continue reading
Since ancient times, prophets have compared God with a shepherd in order to emphasize His gentle leadership. King David began a psalm of trust and gratitude with the words, “The Lord is my shepherd” (Psalm 23:1). Sheep are largely defenseless … Continue reading
succour – to help someone, especially someone who is suffering or in need (Cambridge English Dictionary) succor – Literally, to run to, or run to support; hence, to help or relieve when in difficulty, want or distress; to assist and … Continue reading
8 Wo unto them that join house to house, till there can be no place, that they may be placed alone in the midst of the earth! 9 In mine ears, said the Lord of Hosts, of a truth many … Continue reading
14 And it hath become expedient that I, according to the will of God, that the prayers of those who have gone hence, who were the holy ones, should be fulfilled according to their faith, should make a record of … Continue reading