- How Can I Manage Stress More Effectively?
- Would God Lead Us Into Temptation?
- What Are the Roles of Persuasion and Punishment in Motivating Good Behavior?
- Why Would God “Inflict” Things on Us?
- What Do We Know About God’s Love for Us?
- What Does It Mean to “Render” Thanks?
- How Should I Express Gratitude?
- When Should I Express Gratitude?
- What Should I Be Thankful For?
- What Does It Mean to Be “Caught with Guile?”
- Lessons from Alma
- The Allegory of the Olive Tree - Jacob 5
- Mourn with Those That Mourn - Mosiah 18:8-10
- I Am the Light Which Ye Shall Hold Up - 3 Nephi 18:24-25
- What Is Joy?
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- That They Might Have Joy - 2 Nephi 2:25
- Feast Upon the Words of Christ - 2 Nephi 32:3
- Here Am I; Send Me - 2 Nephi 16:8
Category Archives: Revelation
As I prepare to participate in general conference this weekend, I’ve been thinking about how different forms of revelation interact with one another and support one another. By revelation, I mean messages from God. Here are some forms of revelation … Continue reading
While the children of Israel traveled in the wilderness toward the promised land, an incident happened which demonstrated Moses’s understanding of prophecy. Moses held a council at the tabernacle with the seventy elders who had been selected to govern the … Continue reading
After writing two days ago about the importance of firsthand spiritual knowledge, and after writing yesterday about the role of prophets in helping us to grow closer to God, I was thinking today about the variety of ways that God sends … Continue reading
After the first prophet in the Book of Mormon, Lehi, described a dream or a vision which he had experienced, one of his sons—Nephi—wanted to have the same experience. He tells us that he wanted “to see, and hear, and … Continue reading
Shortly after the Lord confounded the language of people at the tower of Babel and scattered them “upon the face of all the earth” (Genesis 11:9), a group of people led by a man named Jared and his brother traveled … Continue reading
This week, I’m going to ask some questions about translation. Here are a few of the questions I’m planning to tackle: Why is it important for people to hear the gospel in their own language? What is the Urim and … Continue reading
I finished the year of studying types of content in the Book of Mormon by studying the visit of Jesus Christ to the American continent following His death and resurrection as recorded in 3 Nephi. I learned the following principles … Continue reading