- Why Is Light an Appropriate Symbol for the Birth of Christ?
- How Can I Manage Stress More Effectively?
- Would God Lead Us Into Temptation?
- What Are the Roles of Persuasion and Punishment in Motivating Good Behavior?
- Why Would God “Inflict” Things on Us?
- What Do We Know About God’s Love for Us?
- What Does It Mean to “Render” Thanks?
- How Should I Express Gratitude?
- When Should I Express Gratitude?
- What Should I Be Thankful For?
- What Is Joy?
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- Mourn with Those That Mourn - Mosiah 18:8-10
- I Am the Light Which Ye Shall Hold Up - 3 Nephi 18:24-25
- That They Might Have Joy - 2 Nephi 2:25
- The Natural Man - Mosiah 3:19
- The Allegory of the Olive Tree - Jacob 5
- 3 Nephi 11:29-30 He That Hath the Spirit of Contention Is Not of Me
- What Does It Mean to Be a Disciple of Jesus Christ?
- I Will Give Away All My Sins - Alma 22:18
Category Archives: Priesthood
In the middle of Alma’s remarks to the people of Ammonihah, he uses a phrase which appears no where else in the scriptures: “a preparatory redemption.” What did he mean by that? In order to understand this phrase, we will … Continue reading
During November, I have focused on chapters which teach about the church of Christ: how it is organized, how it blesses us, and how we can help it be successful. I studied the following chapters to learn more about this … Continue reading
2 And he called them by name, saying: Ye shall call on the Father in my name, in mighty prayer; and after ye have done this ye shall have power that to him upon whom ye shall lay your hands, … Continue reading
18 And it came to pass that he spake unto Nephi (for Nephi was among the multitude) and he commanded him that he should come forth. 19 And Nephi arose and went forth, and bowed himself before the Lord and … Continue reading
8 Now they were ordained after this manner—being called with a holy calling, and ordained with a holy ordinance, and taking upon them the high priesthood of the holy order, which calling, and ordinance, and high priesthood, is without beginning … Continue reading
26 And when the priests left their labor to impart the word of God unto the people, the people also left their labors to hear the word of God. And when the priest had imparted unto them the word of … Continue reading
16 And now, Alma was their high priest, he being the founder of their church. 17 And it came to pass that none received authority to preach or to teach except it were by him from God. Therefore he consecrated … Continue reading