- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach about Sacrifice?
- What Is the Sealing Power?
- What Is Foreordination?
- How Can I Avoid Being an “Unholy Temple?”
- What Is “Awful Woundedness?”
- What Does It Mean to Ponder?
- What Can We Learn from the Women in the Book of Mormon?
- What Is an Elder?
- Why Are Ordinances Important?
- What Does It Mean to Be Ordained?
- Why Is Jesus Called "the Author and the Finisher of Our Faith?"
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- What Are Some Examples of Faith in the Book of Mormon?
- Things Which are Not Seen, Which Are True - Alma 32:21
- After the Trial of Your Faith - Ether 12:6
- What Does It Mean to Harden Your Heart?
- The Blessed and Happy State - Mosiah 2:41
- That They Might Have Joy - 2 Nephi 2:25
- He Will Take Upon Him... - Alma 7:11-13
- I Will Go - 1 Nephi 3:7
Category Archives: Ordinances
Yesterday, I wrote that to be ordained is to be set in order. An ordinance is the mechanism used to create order. It is an action that is formally prescribed by God which we perform to show our devotion to … Continue reading
29 And now behold, I say unto you that the right way is to believe in Christ, and deny him not; and Christ is the Holy One of Israel; wherefore ye must bow down before him, and worship him with … Continue reading
7 Even from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from mine ordinances, and have not kept them. Return unto me and I will return unto you, saith the Lord of Hosts. But ye say: Wherein shall we … Continue reading
8 Now they were ordained after this manner–being called with a holy calling, and ordained with a holy ordinance, and taking upon them the high priesthood of the holy order, which calling, and ordinance, and high priesthood, is without beginning … Continue reading
16 Now these ordinances were given after this manner, that thereby the people might look forward on the Son of God, it being a type of his order, or it being his order, and this that they might look forward … Continue reading
13 Your words have been stout against me, saith the Lord. Yet ye say: What have we spoken against thee? 14 Ye have said: It is vain to serve God, and what doth it profit that we have kept his … Continue reading
3 Yea, and the people did observe to keep the commandments of the Lord; and they were strict in observing the ordinances of God, according to the law of Moses; for they were taught to keep the law of Moses … Continue reading