- How Can I Avoid Being an “Unholy Temple?”
- What Is “Awful Woundedness?”
- What Does It Mean to Ponder?
- What Can We Learn from the Women in the Book of Mormon?
- What Is an Elder?
- Why Are Ordinances Important?
- What Does It Mean to Be Ordained?
- Who Was Melchizedek?
- What Is a High Priest?
- What Is the Priesthood?
- Why Is Jesus Called "the Author and the Finisher of Our Faith?"
- Mourn with Those That Mourn - Mosiah 18:8-10
- Alma 36:3 Whosoever Shall Put Their Trust in God
- He Will Take Upon Him... - Alma 7:11-13
- Eat, Drink, and Be Merry - 2 Nephi 28:7-8
- That They Might Have Joy - 2 Nephi 2:25
- Why Did the Nephites Keep the Law of Moses?
- How Do I Know If I'm Worthy to Take the Sacrament?
- Unprofitable Servants - Mosiah 2:21
Category Archives: Obedience
Four times in the Book of Mormon, we are taught a fundamental principle: God doesn’t dwell in unholy temples. If we make choices which make us unholy, we cannot have His Spirit with us. Today, I examined these four passages … Continue reading
Near the beginning of the Book of Mormon, there is a troubling story. Nephi and his brothers have been sent by their father, Lehi, to retrieve a sacred record contained on brass plates which are in the possession of a … Continue reading
King Benjamin taught his people an important principle which he learned from an angel: the only way to overcome the unrighteous tendencies of our mortal bodies is to be willing to submit to our Heavenly Father in all things. (See … Continue reading
We don’t use the word “hearken” in modern English. But it’s an important word in the scriptures: It appears 229 times in the Old Testament, 9 times in the New Testament, and 100 times in the Book of Mormon. Deepening … Continue reading
Fulfill (or fulfil) – put into effect, meet the requirements of, measure up to, bring to an end, develop the full potentialities of, convert to reality (Merriam-Webster Dictionary) I wrote last week about the concept of “keeping” God’s commandments. A friend … Continue reading
Korihor had a message for the Nephite people: You have been brainwashed. Your religious beliefs are the effect of a frenzied and a deranged mind (Alma 30:16). Your church leaders have taught you to follow foolish and silly traditions in … Continue reading
Agency – the capacity, condition, or state of acting or of exerting power (Merriam-Webster, 2nd definition). Obedience – Compliance with an order, request, or law or submission to another’s authority (Oxford English Dictionary) The terms “agency” and “agent” do not … Continue reading