- What Is the “Great and Abominable Church?”
- What Does the “Great and Spacious Building” Represent?
- What Is Lust?
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach About Tithing?
- What Are the Purposes of Fasting?
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach about Sacrifice?
- What Is the Sealing Power?
- What Is Foreordination?
- How Can I Avoid Being an “Unholy Temple?”
- What Is “Awful Woundedness?”
- He Will Take Upon Him... - Alma 7:11-13
- The Natural Man - Mosiah 3:19
- Moroni 10:32-33 Come Unto Christ, and Be Perfected in Him
- That They Might Have Joy - 2 Nephi 2:25
- What Is "the Immediate Goodness of God?"
- Are We Not All Beggars? - Mosiah 4:19-21
- What Does the "Great and Spacious Building" Represent?
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- The Spirit of Contention - 3 Nephi 11:29-30
Category Archives: Humility
Four times in the Book of Mormon, we are taught a fundamental principle: God doesn’t dwell in unholy temples. If we make choices which make us unholy, we cannot have His Spirit with us. Today, I examined these four passages … Continue reading
Nephi wrote poignantly about his failure to live up to his own expectations. “O wretched man that I am!” he said. “I am encompassed about, because of the temptations and the sins which do so easily beset me” (2 Nephi 4:17-18). … Continue reading
It’s hard to feel that you are sufficiently humble. If you did, you might not be. — Henry B. Eyring, “Come Unto Christ,” BYU Speeches, 29 Oct 1989 The word “humble” (or “humbled”) appears 68 times in the Book of … Continue reading
Shortly after Nephi’s family left their comfortable home in Jerusalem and began camping in the wilderness, Nephi prayed to understand “the mysteries of God.” In response, he tells us that God visited him “and did soften my heart that I … Continue reading
Contrite means “crushed.” The English word descends from the Latin word contritus, which means literally “worn out” or “ground to pieces” (“contrite,” Online Etymology Dictionary). When the word appears in the King James Version of the Bible, it is a translation … Continue reading
King Benjamin taught that our natural state is contrary to God’s will. He further explained that God is willing to help us overcome this state and become saints through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. However, in order to receive this … Continue reading
faith – Complete trust or confidence in someone or something humility – The quality of having a modest or low view of one’s importance (Oxford Dictionary) Are the attributes of faith and humility in conflict with each other, or is … Continue reading