- What Should I Think About?
- How Can I Be a More Effective Leader?
- What Does It Mean to Be a Disciple of Jesus Christ?
- How Can I Manage Time More Effectively?
- How Can I Be Healed?
- What Are the Gifts of the Spirit?
- How Can I Recognize the Temptations of the Devil?
- What Is the Spirit of Prophecy?
- What Can We Learn from the Crossing of the Red Sea?
- Who Are the Lost Tribes of Israel?
- Mourn with Those That Mourn - Mosiah 18:8-10
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- What Does It Mean to "Come Unto Christ?"
- The Blessed and Happy State - Mosiah 2:41
- Moroni 10:32-33 Come Unto Christ, and Be Perfected in Him
- Things Which are Not Seen, Which Are True - Alma 32:21
- The Guilty Taketh the Truth to Be Hard - 1 Nephi 16:1-3
- He Turned Him About - Helaman 5:36-37
- Are We Not All Beggars? - Mosiah 4:19-21
Category Archives: Humility
Nephi wrote poignantly about his failure to live up to his own expectations. “O wretched man that I am!” he said. “I am encompassed about, because of the temptations and the sins which do so easily beset me” (2 Nephi 4:17-18). … Continue reading
It’s hard to feel that you are sufficiently humble. If you did, you might not be. — Henry B. Eyring, “Come Unto Christ,” BYU Speeches, 29 Oct 1989 The word “humble” (or “humbled”) appears 68 times in the Book of … Continue reading
Shortly after Nephi’s family left their comfortable home in Jerusalem and began camping in the wilderness, Nephi prayed to understand “the mysteries of God.” In response, he tells us that God visited him “and did soften my heart that I … Continue reading
Contrite means “crushed.” The English word descends from the Latin word contritus, which means literally “worn out” or “ground to pieces” (“contrite,” Online Etymology Dictionary). When the word appears in the King James Version of the Bible, it is a translation … Continue reading
King Benjamin taught that our natural state is contrary to God’s will. He further explained that God is willing to help us overcome this state and become saints through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. However, in order to receive this … Continue reading
faith – Complete trust or confidence in someone or something humility – The quality of having a modest or low view of one’s importance (Oxford Dictionary) Are the attributes of faith and humility in conflict with each other, or is … Continue reading
Setting After telling the story of his family’s journey from Jerusalem to the promised land, sharing his father’s final words to each of his sons, describing the rift between him and his older brothers after his father’s death, and sharing … Continue reading