- Why Are Reunions Important?
- What Is Wisdom?
- What Are “Plain and Precious” Things?
- What Is Truth?
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach About Corruption?
- Why Do Quotes from the King James Version Appear in the Book of Mormon, Even Ones that Joseph Smith Later Altered in his Translation of the Bible ?
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach About the Creation of the Earth?
- Why Is Light an Appropriate Symbol for the Birth of Christ?
- How Can I Manage Stress More Effectively?
- Would God Lead Us Into Temptation?
- Mourn with Those That Mourn - Mosiah 18:8-10
- The Natural Man - Mosiah 3:19
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- I Am the Light Which Ye Shall Hold Up - 3 Nephi 18:24-25
- The Blessed and Happy State - Mosiah 2:41
- His Hand Is Stretched Out Still - 2 Nephi 19:12, 17, 21; 20:4
- He Will Take Upon Him... - Alma 7:11-13
- After the Trial of Your Faith - Ether 12:6
- In His Strength I Can Do All Things - Alma 26:12
- Witnesses of God - Mosiah 18:9
Category Archives: Covenants
Near the beginning of the Book of Mormon, Lehi’s sons risk their lives in order to obtain a set of brass plates which contains, among other things, the five books of Moses. A central character in those books is the … Continue reading
I wrote yesterday that covenants strengthen relationships. Making promises to one another provides opportunities to build trust. So when God invites us to make covenants with Him, He is giving us the opportunity to strengthen our relationship with Him. Our … Continue reading
A covenant is a formal agreement between two parties (Oxford English Dictionary). The word comes from two Latin roots: com (“together”) and venire (“to come”). So the word literally means to “come together” (See Online Etymology Dictionary.) God loves all of … Continue reading
On the first day of the Savior’s visit to the American continent, He selected twelve men and gave them authority to baptize (3 Nephi 11:18-22). He told the assembled people that, if they would listen to the words of these … Continue reading
1 And now, king Benjamin thought it was expedient, after having finished speaking to the people, that he should take the names of all those who had entered into a covenant with God to keep his commandments. 2 And it … Continue reading
During the month of June, I studied sermons in the Book of Mormon which were delivered to believers. Besides writing posts about those sermons, I also wrote a brief summary of each sermon in outline form. Here is a list … Continue reading
1 And now, my beloved brethren, I have read these things that ye might know concerning the covenants of the Lord that he has covenanted with all the house of Israel— 2 That he has spoken unto the Jews, by … Continue reading