- What’s Wrong with Seeking Signs?
- Why Is It Important to Record the Fulfillment of Prophecies?
- In What Order Did Joseph Smith Translate the Book of Mormon?
- What Does It Mean to Believe, Hope, and Endure All Things?
- What Does It Mean to Be “Temperate in All Things?”
- How Can I Be Bold Without Being Overbearing?
- How Should I Respond to an Emotional Outburst?
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach About Being an Effective Parent?
- What Does It Mean to Endure to the End?
- How Can I Be More Humble?
Category Archives: 1 Nephi
1 And it came to pass that the Lord commanded me, wherefore I did make plates of ore that I might engraven upon them the record of my people. And upon the plates which I made I did engraven the … Continue reading
2 And now, as I have spoken concerning these plates, behold they are not the plates upon which I make a full account of the history of my people; for the plates upon which I make a full account of … Continue reading
6 Wherefore, I shall give commandment unto my seed, that they shall not occupy these plates with things which are not of worth unto the children of men. (1 Nephi 6:6) As the first author in the Book of Mormon, … Continue reading
Setting On multiple occasions during their journey to the promised land, Nephi taught his brothers. Purpose Nephi’s primary purposes in teaching his brothers were (1) to refute their negative perceptions about their journey, (2) to clarify some of their father’s teachings, … Continue reading
8 And after our seed is scattered the Lord God will proceed to do a marvelous work among the Gentiles, which shall be of great worth unto our seed; wherefore, it is likened unto their being nourished by the Gentiles … Continue reading
8 Thus saith the Lord: In an acceptable time have I heard thee, O isles of the sea, and in a day of salvation have I helped thee; and I will preserve thee, and give thee my servant for a … Continue reading
18 O that thou hadst hearkened to my commandments–then had thy peace been as a river, and thy righteousness as the waves of the sea. (1 Nephi 20:18, Isaiah 48:18) The imagery in this passage from Isaiah is compelling to … Continue reading