- Why Are Reunions Important?
- What Is Wisdom?
- What Are “Plain and Precious” Things?
- What Is Truth?
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach About Corruption?
- Why Do Quotes from the King James Version Appear in the Book of Mormon, Even Ones that Joseph Smith Later Altered in his Translation of the Bible ?
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach About the Creation of the Earth?
- Why Is Light an Appropriate Symbol for the Birth of Christ?
- How Can I Manage Stress More Effectively?
- Would God Lead Us Into Temptation?
- Mourn with Those That Mourn - Mosiah 18:8-10
- The Natural Man - Mosiah 3:19
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- I Am the Light Which Ye Shall Hold Up - 3 Nephi 18:24-25
- The Blessed and Happy State - Mosiah 2:41
- His Hand Is Stretched Out Still - 2 Nephi 19:12, 17, 21; 20:4
- He Will Take Upon Him... - Alma 7:11-13
- After the Trial of Your Faith - Ether 12:6
- In His Strength I Can Do All Things - Alma 26:12
- What Is Wisdom?
Category Archives: Adversity
This is the second of three posts in response to a question I received last week. Yesterday, I wrote that God’s love is most clearly demonstrated in the life and suffering of Jesus Christ, that the Savior feels genuine empathy … Continue reading
Why isn’t life easier? Some people suffer more than others, and some trials are harder than others, but we all suffer to some degree and in some way. Why? Lehi’s son Jacob was born in the wilderness, far from the … Continue reading
Lehi had a clear message for his son Jacob: The adversity and the afflictions we experience in life don’t have to drag us down. They can lift us up. Lehi acknowledged that Jacob had faced many trials but assured him … Continue reading
Setting Two brothers, Nephi and Lehi, remembered the teachings of their father, Helaman, as they began a missionary journey. Purpose Helaman’s purpose in teaching his sons was to remind them of the core doctrines of the gospel and to encourage them … Continue reading
4 And I would not that ye think that I know of myself—not of the temporal but of the spiritual, not of the carnal mind but of God. 5 Now, behold, I say unto you, if I had not been … Continue reading
10 For, behold, I have refined thee, I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction. (1 Nephi 20:10, Isaiah 48:10) Why do we experience trials? Isaiah gives two reasons in the passage above. Speaking on behalf of the Lord, … Continue reading
During the month of May, I studied chapters in the Book of Mormon which discuss governments: the characteristics of good governments, the characteristics of good leaders, what we can do to contribute to good governments, and how to avoid activities … Continue reading