- How Can I Be a More Effective Leader?
- What Does It Mean to Be a Disciple of Jesus Christ?
- How Can I Manage Time More Effectively?
- How Can I Be Healed?
- What Are the Gifts of the Spirit?
- How Can I Recognize the Temptations of the Devil?
- What Is the Spirit of Prophecy?
- What Can We Learn from the Crossing of the Red Sea?
- Who Are the Lost Tribes of Israel?
- Who Is the House of Israel?
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- Mourn with Those That Mourn - Mosiah 18:8-10
- He Turned Him About - Helaman 5:36-37
- These Smoking Firebrands - 2 Nephi 17:1-7
- Things Which are Not Seen, Which Are True - Alma 32:21
- The Guilty Taketh the Truth to Be Hard - 1 Nephi 16:1-3
- The Blessed and Happy State - Mosiah 2:41
Tag Archives: Enos 1
We all need a break sometimes. We talk about needing to recharge our battery, unwind, get some R&R, or have some downtime. We have many ways of describing this, but the core reality is universal: we can’t drive full-speed all … Continue reading
The Book of Mormon begins with a family. The Lord commands Lehi, a prophet in Jerusalem whose life is in danger, to “take his family and depart into the wilderness” (2 Nephi 2:2). During their journey, he teaches his children … Continue reading
Today, I spent some time looking at the passages in the Book of Mormon that talk about guilt. Here is what I learned: There is a human tendency to suppress feelings of guilt. We know intuitively when we have done … Continue reading
Repentance is a fundamental part of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Because we know that we can be forgiven for the wrongs we have committed, we choose to repent as a demonstration of our faith in Him. As President Russell … Continue reading
From the first phrase in the Book of Mormon, the importance of parents is emphasized (1 Nephi 1:1). What can we learn from the Book of Mormon about how to be a good parent? 1. “With all the feeling of … Continue reading
To redeem something is to repurchase it, to buy back something we have given away or sold. When applied to a person, the word implies rescue from captivity or bondage. (See “redeem,” Webster’s Dictionary, 1828.) Isaiah uses the imagery of … Continue reading
There are several experiences in the Book of Mormon in which people sought the Savior and found His healing power. Today, I want to look at three of those experiences and consider what we can learn from them. Enos had … Continue reading