Each year, I’ve chosen a different organizing principle for my study of the Book of Mormon:
- In 2015, I studied the Book of Mormon sequentially, reading approximately two chapters every three days.
- In 2016, I studied by topic. I chose a new topic each Sunday and studied passages from the Book of Mormon which helped me better understand that topic throughout the week.
- In 2017, I studied by author. I identified the principal author of each chapter and read all of the chapters by the same author before moving on to the next one.
- In 2018, I organized my study by type of content. I identified different types of writings, including missionary stories, war stories, sermons to the church, and teachings to family members. I’m studying all chapters of the same type together to see what principles I can learn from each type of content.
- In 2019, I’ve decided to organize my study around answering questions. I am currently compiling a list of questions to study, ponder, and answer next year. You can review my growing list of questions and submit your own on my questions page.