In 2019, I’ve decided to organize my Book of Mormon study around questions.
Here are a few questions which are already on the list:
- Why did Alma baptize himself? (Mosiah 18:14)
- Why did Jared always have his brother pray for things in Ether 1? Why wouldn’t he just pray himself, and why wouldn’t his brother pray for those things without being asked?
- In 2 Nephi 2:15, it says: “It must needs be there was an opposition; even the forbidden fruit in opposition to the tree of life; the one being sweet and the other bitter.” How is the tree of life bitter?
- What does it mean that the sons of Levi will offer an offering in righteousness (3 Nephi 24:3, Malachi 3:3)?
- How can people say they “know” that spiritual things are true (1 Nephi 1:3, Alma 40:9)? What is the relationship between knowledge, faith, and belief?
- What does the Book of Mormon teach about being an effective parent?
- What does the Book of Mormon teach about leadership?
- What does God expect me to do about economic inequality?
- What happens immediately after we die?
- How can I improve a troubled relationship with a family member or close friend?
Please take a moment to submit one or more questions that I can use in my study using the form below. I look forward to receiving, pondering, and studying your questions.