- What’s Wrong with Seeking Signs?
- Why Is It Important to Record the Fulfillment of Prophecies?
- In What Order Did Joseph Smith Translate the Book of Mormon?
- What Does It Mean to Believe, Hope, and Endure All Things?
- What Does It Mean to Be “Temperate in All Things?”
- How Can I Be Bold Without Being Overbearing?
- How Should I Respond to an Emotional Outburst?
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach About Being an Effective Parent?
- What Does It Mean to Endure to the End?
- How Can I Be More Humble?
Category Archives: Missionary Work
There is an unusual chapter in the Book of Mormon in which Alma reflects on his missionary experiences. Mormon quotes this passage (Alma 29) without introduction, and it is only from the text itself that we can tell it was written … Continue reading
4 And I command you that ye shall write these sayings after I am gone, that if it so be that my people at Jerusalem, they who have seen me and been with me in my ministry, do not ask … Continue reading
2 For behold, the promises which we have obtained are promises unto us according to the flesh; wherefore, as it has been shown unto me that many of our children shall perish in the flesh because of unbelief, nevertheless, God … Continue reading
20 And in the second year the word of the Lord came to Ether, that he should go and prophesy unto Coriantumr that, if he would repent, and all his household, the Lord would give unto him his kingdom and … Continue reading
During January, I studied missionary experiences in the Book of Mormon, including the following stories: The mission of the sons of Mosiah to the Lamanites (Mosiah 28, Alma 17-22, Alma 26). Abinadi’s discussion with King Noah and his priests (Mosiah … Continue reading
1 And now when the king had heard these words, he said unto his priests: Away with this fellow, and slay him; for what have we to do with him, for he is mad. 2 And they stood forth and … Continue reading