“A few words which I must speak concerning the doctrine of Christ”—that’s how Nephi described the last three chapters of his second book. His deep desire, even urgency, to share these fundamental truths with us comes through loud and clear. With limited time and limited space on the plates, he prioritized carefully and focused on the principles that matter most. Here are the topics he included:
- Baptism: the gate to enter the strait and narrow path (2 Nephi 31:4-13)
- The importance of enduring to the end after entering the path (2 Nephi 31:14-21)
- Receiving the Holy Ghost (2 Nephi 32:1-7)
- Prayer (2 Nephi 32:8-9)
- Nephi’s final testimony (2 Nephi 33)
Blog Posts About Nephi’s Final Chapters
Enduring to the End
- How Can I Follow the Savior with “Full Purpose of Heart?”
- What Does It Mean to Endure to the End?
- Press Forward – 2 Nephi 31:19-20
- How Can We Be Open to Change While Being “Steadfast and Immovable?”
The Holy Ghost
- All Things What Ye Should Do – 2 Nephi 32:5
- For the Welfare of Thy Soul – 2 Nephi 32:9
- How Can I Learn to Recognize the Holy Ghost?
- I Pray Continually for Them – 2 Nephi 33:3
- The Lord God Will Consecrate My Prayers – 2 Nephi 33:4
- What Can We Learn About Prayer From Nephi?